Continuously discover, categorize, and prioritize assets,
vulnerabilities, identity issues, and misconfigurations from
ground to cloud – and back.
What is Attack Surface Management?
Attack Surface Management (ASM) is the ongoing process of identifying internal and external assets, showing where security gaps exist, where they can be used to perform an attack, and where defenses are strong enough to repel an attack. Servers, web systems, applications, Active Directory, Cloud, networking, cybersecurity controls – complex systems with tons of settings and configurations. Each contributes to the overall Attack Surface of an organization. Cymulate ASM looks at On-Prem and Cloud platforms, public-facing and internal systems, users, entitlements, and other components. Organizations can then identify security gaps efficiently and prioritize remediation.
Why Cymulate Attack Surface Management?
Includes multi-tenant and multi-environment capabilities, automation, and multi-tier reporting
Identifies vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, and external visibility from ground to Cloud and back
Defines not only security gaps, but how those gaps could be used by threat actors
Straightforward to set up and customizable; with ongoing scanning that is non-disruptive
What are the Benefits of Attack Surface Management?
Identify misconfigurations, vulnerabilities, externally accessible systems, and security gaps
Put information into context for a better view of strengths and gaps
Map and analyze viable attack paths for targeted remediation
Attack Surface Management Dashboard
- Shows current state of organizational attack surface
- Intuitive user interface with easy drill down and details
- Top findings by severity, viability, and asset identity
- Risk scoring based on industry frameworks
Beyond Vulnerability Scanning
Cymulate ASM discovers misconfigurations and attack surfaces, aiding in prioritization of the vulnerabilities and gaps that threat actors can use for more effective and efficient remediation programs.
Assets – Shadow IT
Misconfigurations – Vulnerabilities
Continuously Updated Data
Cymulate provides extensive on-prem and Cloud vulnerability and misconfiguration identification; and maps how those security gaps could be used to attack the organization.
- Active Directory
- Shared Services
- Cloud Storage
- Identify visible systems, applications, interfaces, domains
- Automation without survey-based auditing
- Branching-Scan technology – discovering more assets
- Re-scan regularly to catch new issues
Vulnerability and Misconfiguration Discovery
- Probing frameworks, libraries, services, and applications
- Identify possible phishing domains, data exposure, etc.
- Find misconfigurations, over-provisioning, and other problems
- Support for on-prem, Cloud, and hybrid infrastructure
Unified Attack Path Mapping and Analysis
- Combine data from on-prem and Cloud discoveries
- Map viable attack paths with detailed drill-down information
- Prioritize remediation
- Focus where attacks can be stopped without disruptions
- Ongoing reporting for drift detection and remediation
- Graphically map attack information
- Deep technical detail for drill-down
- Mapping to MITRE ATT&CK®
Part of the Cymulate Platform
- ASM to identify viable attack pathing
- BAS to assess security controls
- CART to perform attack path validation
- Easy automation for ongoing exposure management
- Integrates with other security tools
- Technical and executive-level reporting
Learn More About
Discover which digital assets are exposed to
adversaries. Prevent threat actors from accessing,
exploiting, and collecting information during the
reconnaissance phase of an attack.
Backed By the Industry
95% OF BAS Reviewers Recommend
4.8/5 Rating for Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS) Tools
Cymulate Recognized as Top Innovation Leader
Cymulate Named Innovation Leader in the Frost & Sullivan’s Frost Radar™️
" As Euronext’s cybersecurity team, we know that cybersecurity is always a work in progress. Cymulate allows us to fill a gap that for a long time was not closed directly, but only indirectly with other security controls. We recommend anyone looking for a breach and attack simulation platform turn to Cymulate. "
" I believe that no matter what is the team size we have, we will always have a backlog of projects and tasks. Cymulate helps us to prioritize them and focus on issues that carry the most risk for the business, this has increased our effectiveness, we aren’t wasting valuable resources. Furthermore, I can present to our executives a return on security investments by showing them how each project has reduced our risk score. "
" Many times, our CISO or senior members would come to security operations after reading about a new threat or APT group in the news, asking are we at risk? Cymulate enables us to answer quickly and confidently with the Immediate Threats module and attack simulations. "
What Makes Cybersecurity a Business Essential
Why is the Cymulate platform essential for businesses looking for real and accurate performance metrics?Read More
Check How Effective Your CIS Critical Controls Are
Check How Effective Your CIS Critical Controls AreRead More
External Attack Surface Management (ASM)
Does a hacker know more about your attack surface than you do?Watch Now